5 Facts about Abkhazia
1. Botanical Garden of Sukhum is one of the oldest botanical gardens in the Caucasus, which formed in 1838.
2. Abkhazia leads the word in the natural reserves of fresh water per capita.
3. Abkhazia holds the record for the number of centenarians. According to the 1956 in Abkhaz ASSR lived 270 people over 100 years old and 11 people older than 120 years.
4. Annually Abkhazia exports to Russia more than 1500 tons of honey.
5. Winemaking appeared in Abkhazia thousand years BC.